Get Chiropractic Care Right after an Auto Injury Accident
Being in a car accident is a very difficult situation on a number of levels. Your pain is sometimes seems secondary to the aftermath of having your car at the mechanic as well as the stress of dealing with your insurance and potentially missing work. But too often it is the pain that lasts long after those other stressors are gone!
While you are in a hurry to get your car fixed and back to normal activities, make sure to see a auto injury chiropractor RIGHT AWAY. A car accident is a major event and the trauma that comes from it could be significant and lifelong.
Most car accidents and auto injuries such as the rear-end collisions and whiplash, do not result in bloodied wounds. But auto injuries cause severe shock in your shoulders, neck and back muscles and ligaments. You may think that you’re fine and may even take a painkiller to hide the initial pain of the auto injury. But in these situations, it would be beneficial to get the best auto injury chiropractic care in Valley Center or in Escondido right away.
Chiropractic care doesn’t involve the usage of drugs to simply hide the pain. Below are the reasons you should get in touch with a chiropractor after an auto accident right away.
- Often car accidents result in whiplash, which causes small tears in your muscles and ligaments. You cannot rely on x-rays machines to detect these micro-tears. These tears may not make their presence felt at the time of the accident and even hours after it, but when you wake up the next morning you’ll find that certain areas of your body ache so badly that it is almost unbearable
- If you see a chiropractor after an auto injury car accident, he/she will quickly work on your spine, joints and muscles which will help your body release anti-inflammatory substances which ease the pain in the body naturally.
- Neck and back are the areas that are most affected in car accidents jolts and whiplash. Both these areas of the body become inflamed after a car accident and a result of that, access to nutrients and blood becomes difficult, which in turn slows down the healing process. Chiropractors are trained in making gentle adjustments to the spine and related pinched nerves, sprained joints and strained muscles to commence the healing process from an auto injury naturally.
- Scar tissue is a term that conjures up the images of old wounds in some people’s minds. But scar tissue is something that builds inside of your muscles and joints after a car accident. If these are left untreated, you can experience lifelong stiffness. These scar tissues, if not broken down by restoring full joint motion and muscle length, will often result eventually in degenerative arthritis.
- In sum, auto injury chiropractic care doesn’t provide your muscles and ligaments with temporary relief as drugs do. Instead, it better addresses and corrects the root cause of the pain so you are less likely to continually experience chronic pain and arthritis many years of the accident.
A chiropractor will quickly locate the scar tissue and break them up so you experience both faster relief and better long term results.
Dr. John Maher in Valley Center has 25+ years experience in chiropractic auto injury care. Make sure to see him right away for a complete post car accident examination. He accepts most insurance third party med pay insurance. He will consider attorney liens on a case by case basis.