I AM PLANNING TO RE-OPEN MONDAY 05/18/20
Open Up Society Now!, Say Dr. Dan Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi
Dr. Daniel W. Erickson of Bakersfield, California, is a former emergency-room physician who co-owns, with his partner Dr. Artin Massih, Accelerated Urgent Care in Bakersfield. They are experienced medical professionals who have 40 years of hands-on experience in dealing with viruses and respiratory infections. Watching the news in China in January, they knew the virus was on its way. They ordered many COVID-19 tests because they knew they would need them. They tested many thousands of people, and discovered for themselves what epidemiologists around the world are saying: COVID-19 came here earlier than previously believed, is more ubiquitous, and ultimately for the general population less deadly than we thought.
THIER CONCLUSION: If you’re healthy and you don’t have significant comorbidities and you know you’re not immunodeficient and you’re not elderly you should be able to go out without any gloves and without a mask. If you are those things you should either shelter in place or wear a mask and gloves. (See link to full article here.)
MY TAKE: Experts in this field disagree. Nonetheless, based on all the evidence I can muster, as of today, I am PLANNING to reopen on Monday, May 18.
Regardless of the above statements of Drs. Erickson and Massih, to be on the safe side while in the office the following policies will be followed until further notice:
1) Do wear a mask or bandana while in the office
2) Do bring your own alcohol or hand cleaner to disinfect your hands, or wash your hands with soap for 30 seconds. BEFORE entering the office. (The washroom will either be left open or the key will be left outside.) If you want to continue to wear gloves, please wash your gloves instead.
3) Regular Appointments will be spaced at 30 minute intervals.
4) Only one person, couple or family will be allowed in the reception room at a time. Chairs will be available outside. Please stay at least 6 feet apart. Sun exposure is good for the immune system and kills viruses. Reading materials will be put away for now to limit virus spread.
5) You are strongly encouraged to put on a clean outer garment (shirt) just BEFORE entering the office and removing it after, placing it in the sun or your dryer when you get home.
6) Those of you with significant comorbidities, immunodeficiency, and or advanced age should most likely err on the side of caution and continue to shelter in place. However, that decision is yours. You are encouraged to consult your medical doctor.
I PLAN to start taking phone calls to start booking appointments for dates 05/18/20 and beyond as of Monday 05/11/20, 9:30 AM.
TO STAY UPDATED TO ANY CHANGES: You may also Follow me on on https://www.facebook.com/valleycenterchiropractic/
Until then, stay well.